Sunday, August 8, 2010

Exeter Dodge Rodeo

Yesterday we had the opportunity to attend the Exeter Dodge Rodeo. How fun to see some Canadian cowboys and cowgirls in action. Little did I know this is the 14th year that the rodeo had been held in Exeter, and it one of the top 10 rodeos in Ontario. It certainly was an action packed afternoon, with some great rides and a few spills. Even though some of the spills looks nasty, no one was seriously injured yesterday.


Saddle Bronc Riding


Bareback Riding
This guy was bounced around a few times on his fall, but was able to quickly get up on his own to get out of the arena.



Junior Bull Riding


Calf Roping


Ladies Breakaway


Steer Wrestling.
I know the fencing is blocking part of the shot, but I like the way the cowboy was digging his heels and the dirt is flying while he is trying to bring down this steer.


What rodeo would be complete without the clown?



Stay tuned for more pictures from the Exeter Dodge Rodeo.

No comments: